Moonpull Link Assurance provides a custom ‘badge’ for Moonpull clients to put onto their pages to provide their users with insights as to the handover status of the affiliate link to which the badge relates. It signifies that any single link works as intended, delivering users to advertisers’ sites with first party tracking set up correctly.
This is as important for all users of the model, especially affiliate publishers for whom reliable tracking is crucial for their revenue to be accurately calculated. Moonpull’s analysis shows that upwards of 2% of advertisers’ websites change weekly, giving rise to the potential of tracking being compromised. This will have the effect of referred customer sales going untracked and for publishers, commissions lost.
Example link assurance button
Network Link Assurance
For affiliate networks, this new feature allows the network to communicate good tracking set up. Audited links to the assured advertisers’ home pages have the Handover set up correctly to give the peace of mind to current and prospective affiliates. They will know that they can promote the program knowing that commission will be earned on sales.
Moonpull Link Assurance is available to Moonpull’s network clients to communicate that advertisers home pages have been audited with the links working as intended, usually via a button on the advertiser listing page as above.
Moonpull Link Assurance reports a program as having one of these assurances:
- • Assured – The tracking happens once you reach the advertiser’s page.
- • Assured, Consent Needed – The tracking happens if a user gives consent after landing on the advertiser’s page.
- • Not Assured – This means either the website has not sought assurance from Moonpull in the last 7 days, or assurance was sought but not given as there is a potential problem.
Find out more about Link Assurance for your advertisers and publishers – contact us >
Link Assurance for OPMs
For OPM agencies, Moonpull Link Assurance offers several benefits. Clients’ programs can be promoted to publishers with assurance from Moonpull which is valuable due to our status as an independent auditor of the tracking. This serves to encourage existing affiliates to promote an advertiser more and as an aid to publisher recruitment.
In circumstances where an OPM may be remunerated on a performance basis, Moonpull Link Assurance also gives the OPM itself assurance that the tracking implementation is still operating correctly to accurately record sales volumes being referred by affiliates, reinforcing the value of the program management.
Find out more about Link Assurance for your clients – contact us >
Link Assurance for Publishers
For affiliates with memberships, such as cashback and affinity publishers, Moonpull Link Assurance provides their users with clarity that an advertiser is set up correctly for cashback to be earned. This serves three purposes:
- • The user can have confidence that the publisher is doing all they can to help.
- • For the publisher, it will help in reducing the time spent in chasing missing commission for user cashback.
- • The publisher can utilise Moonpull’s assurance status to educate the users as to the relationship between giving consent on the advertiser’s page and earning cashback automatically.
Find out more about Link Assurance for your members – contact us >
Find out more
To find out how Moonpull can be used in your own publisher business, contact the Moonpull team